GARLIC BREAD CHIPS
In Spain it is common to bring bread or baguette to a dinner party. When we invite people over it can happen that we are left with 3 baguettes that we cannot eat all alone. We freeze some or give it away, but sometimes we miss out on the moment and the baguette turns hard. We cannot throw away food and this is how this recipe came to live! We thought, why not just slicing the old bread into super fine slices, cover it in oil and bake it until brown and crispy. You can keep them for several days and enjoy them with any dip or spread. Obviously, we prefer to eat them with our hummus!
COOKS IN: 10'
- 1/2 old baguette
- optional: 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- optional: Handful parsley, chopped
- Lots of olive oil
- Our hummus!
- any dip you like!
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C fan
2. In a bowl infuse the garlic and parsley in the oil
3. Cut the bread in fine slices and paint each side with the oil
4. Place them all on a baking tray and bake for 5-10 minutes until golden brown and insanely crispy!