MANEL'S DAD ROMESCO
For sure one of the best things when spring is about to start in Catalunya: Calçots with a homemade Romesco sauce! It is a super healthy dip that you can easily use as a sauce for burgers, for pasta, a dip for veggies, a spread for bread. It is just so good and nutty.
This sauce is gluten-free, sugar-free and 100% natural.
COOKS IN: 40'
- 12-16 ripped tomatoes
- 2 heads of garlic
- 80g roasted almonds
- 80g roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- 1 tbsp ñora pepper (or 4 whole ñora pepper)
- 1/2 tbsp spring salt
- roasted veggies
1. With a sharp knife slice a cross in each tomato
2. On a tray bake tomatoes and whole garlic for 25 minutes on 200°C
3. Let cool down and the peel the tomatoes and garlic
4. In a blender add tomatoes, garlic and the juice from the tray and blend together with all other ingredients
5. Add more olive oil if you want it more soft
6. Eat with grilled veggies, potatoes or as a spread on bread